About the eBrief
The writing was on the wall for Death Wish Coffee as it tried to break into top retailers and double its sales. It knew it had to become SQF certified — quickly — and become agile enough to leapfrog its competitors in a crowded, saturated market. Its ball-and-chain was cumbersome paper records, decentralized across multiple facilities, so they considered going paperless - but would going paperless really make SQF compliance easier and faster?
In this month’s Beyond Compliance webinar series, QA Director CJ De Luca from Death Wish Coffee share their story (the strategies, struggles and success) of transitioning their food safety and quality assurance operations to become completely paperless in a single month. Learn how this lean team with zero SQF experience buried paper-based record-keeping methods and kicked their businesses into high gear with SafetyChain.
In this guide, we’ll explore Death Wish Coffee’s strategies, struggles, & successes in transitioning their food safety & QA operations to being completely paperless — within a month. In the following pages, we’ll discuss:
- SQF & paper process challenges faced and how they overcame them (to achieve 2x year-after-year growth)
- How Death Wish successfully implemented FSQA software in 4 weeks with a small team (and no experience)
- What they did with time saved from eliminating paper & manual data entry
- How they found bonus benefits including waste reduction, employee productivity, and OEE
- What standardization, WiFi, and cultural change all have in common
- How SafetyChain really “opened their eyes” and helped them see the full potential of their plant