Fresca's commitment to quality and food safety is evident in their exceptional products and unwavering demand for consistency and safety. Boasting excellent ratings for SQF and Cook & Thurber, with a superior rating on AIB, they also adhere to Kosher, Halal, FDA, and HACCP regulations.
However, meeting the growing demand of over 5 million tortillas produced daily requires a unified approach to automate quality and production systems. Chief Product Officer, Adam Doolhoff, recognized the importance of working hand in hand with the production team to eliminate siloed activities between safety, quality, and production. By prioritizing people and processes, a strong food safety culture and streamlined data were sure to follow.
In this success story, Adam discusses how he takes a unified approach to automate quality and production systems to tackle several opportunities and challenges. You’ll learn about:
- Why unifying FSQA and Production started with a culture shift
- How they made “believers of data” by standardizing processes and promoting transparency
- How they sped the delivery of SPC data from 3 weeks to on-demand, and challenged the status quo
- What they did to standardize specs from ERP to production
- Why they replaced expensive consultants and 3rd party auditors and brought all quality programs in-house
- Why choosing a digital plant management solution unlocks a fully-automated future, and leads to true continuous improvement